Grand Forks offers some of the best galleries and venues to purchase some art of your own. If you’ve been sitting on your couch thinking it’s time to spruce up a blank wall or add a little trinket to a shelf, go for it! Here are some great places to check out in your own back door:
Arts Place – Arts Place offers art supplies, beautiful paintings, photographs, and plenty of pieces to decorate any space.
- Located at 1110 2nd Avenue North
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM to 5PM
Browning Arts- A great art gallery/picture frame shop that includes work in every medium by more than 50 area artists!
- Located at 23 South 4th St
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9am to 5:30pm
Third Street Gallery on Kittson-This gallery is a fun consignment gallery and boutique shop that rotates work from local and area artists.
- Located at 310 Kittson Ave
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 12-4PM
TIPS ON ART COLLECTING
Credit to art-collecting.com
Ten things to remember when starting to collect art!
- Buy art because you like it and because it moves you, and because it willÂ enhance your life.
- Visit as many art galleries as you can, gallery staff can be helpful guides inÂ your art education.
- Get on gallery mailing lists so you’ll be invited to openings and special events.
- Visit and join your local art museums and non profit art centers.
Curators sometimes give lectures on collecting art.
- Attend National and International Art Fairs and Art Expos whenever possible.
- If you know art collectors, talk to them and find out what they know and whatÂ they’ve learned about collecting art.
- Read books on art history and books about collecting art.
- Subscribe to a few art magazines.
- Read reviews by local and national art critics, keeping in mind that reviews
usually just reflect one persons opinion.
- Working with a professional art advisor / art consultant is a good way to learn
about art collecting, and they will guide you through the process of purchasing art.
For more of the latest information on arts and culture in North Dakota visit CulturePulse.org!